Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Wen On Wensday



We are naturally a fun loving team but tonight we were about business. I got that vibe as soon as I walked into the locker room. Tonight we were serious during warm up and determined not to lose. In my opinion we dominated the game. Joachim Thoss (Sonnie) is the most patient player I've ever played with. I get points from him because my man falls asleep. I seal him underneath the basket and get an easy two points. Joseph Casio (JVee) is an incredible player. He can get to the paint at will and also knock down crucial three pointers. He reminds me a lot of Tony Parker. With Jvee, Rj, Cyrus, and Donaldo I believe that we have the best backcourt in the PBA. 
     The way we defended tonight was impressive. I have never been known as a great defender but I don't want to hurt our team. If I mess up it's not going to be for lack of effort.  Coach Luigi preaches defense and being accountable. Individually as well as for the team. I think his passive aggressive approach fits well with the teams personality. Coach will tell us what were doing wrong but you can tell it's coming from a sincere point of view. Off the court he is a funny guy. Coach is one of those people who are funny without trying to be. Well Alaska Nation I'm relieved that we have our first wen but it doesn't stop here. Hard work, dedication, and team work will place us exactly where we want to be at the end of the Governors cup. Let's do it together.

9 comments:

  1. Congratz Mr. Wensday.. Thanks for the first wen.. you give us great game.

    Lets go for the 15th ring.. See u again this Sunday... Go Alaska.. Fight!!! Fight!!! Fight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz also for finishing with 30pts without foul

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was sweet! Thank you, Mr. Wensday. Great game last night, you were so tough inside the paint. I don't think there's anyone who can stop you. :) Glad that you are on our team. Wishing you the best on the succeeding games. Hope you are also enjoying your stay in the Philippines.=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to win the next game because its against Ginebra!! #WeNotME

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a player? Doing a lot of good stuff in last night's game, battling with brute strength against equally big opponents and now wrote a blog for his 1st ever win in an Asian-based League. WOW! AMAZING!

    Thanks Mr. Wensday for a great effort you have shown last night, that's a very good inside game. Points, assists and hardwork you have it! Hopefully the team will continue to play good basketball and take home many WENS.

    Go for sweet 15th! ♥☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen your youtube videos! know you have a perimeter game too man! You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete